The Orders of the Masonic Knights Templar are a part of a progression from the first three degrees of Freemasonry. Membership thus involves several prerequisites:
- You must have received the Supreme Degree of the Holy Royal Arch of Jerusalem, the final degree of Royal Arch Masonry, and be a member in good standing of a Chapter of Royal Arch Masons.
- Membership in a Royal Arch Chapter requires that you have been raised as a Master Mason in a Craft Lodge and be a member in good standing of a Masonic Craft Lodge.
Therefore, an applicant must be:
- A Freemason in good standing with his Craft Lodge;
- A Royal Arch Mason in good standing with his Chapter, and
- A Christian, recommended by two members of the Order, who profess a belief in the “Christian Doctrine of the Holy and Undivided Trinity of The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit”.